VDB BB-QT Extra Small Boom Pole
The VDB BB-QT Extra Small boom pole consists of 6 rigid carbon fibre sections. Featuring an innovative collar system for locking and loosing with quarter turns of the hand and a rubber bottom bumper for adding or replacing an internal cable. The tightening mechanism doesn’t have any threads which is an attractive feature against dust, sand, and makes the QT range of boompoles ideally suited to any filming location.
Featuring a quick release system for the tip, the user may make any required changes to the boom pole quickly and easily without the need of an additional interchangeable tip.
This product is an ideal solution for location reporting
Collapsed total length: 40cm
Extended total length: 150cm
Total Weight: 320g (uncabled)
Available Cabled or Un-Cabled
Key Features of the QT Range
- Rigid, light and strong, they benefit from the most recent technologies in carbon fibre winding and the experience of thirty-five successful years of supplying the most demanding operators.
- Greater length from reduced size. The design in six sections offers an increased length and greater rigidity when expanded, while reducing the collapsed size. This effectively limits the range to six models that still cover all the varied needs of users by making easier the travel and storage.
- Reduced hand noise is achieved by the polished surface of the outer tube, also providing better grip. The five extendable sections come in a dark, non-reflective black finish.
- Silent. Between each section, an internal incompressible joint is precision machined, offering the minimum space to achieve a soft sliding contributing to the rigidity of the system and preventing the tubes from rattling when rotating or swinging quickly.
- Internal optional cabling: straight or coiled internal microphone cable can be set and removed instantly on all models without technical intervention (no tools needed, allowing for dismantling/assembly in less than 5 minutes).
- Discrete marking rings on the tubes of the longest model are there to help return more quickly to a predetermined length setting, making the boom operator’s life easier.
- A quick release top screw is supplied (1 provided per pole).
- A coloured rubber heel is provided with XL & L-QT models and may be added as a spare part to the other boom poles
- Easy repair ensures unrivalled long life spans, even on cabled poles. As the internal cable is removable, poles can be dismantled quickly and without the use of tools. Individual sections of any model can be repaired or replaced as available spare parts.
YouTube Tutorial from VDB – How to cable a Boom in less than 2 minutes!
35 years at the service of sound professionals worldwide
Founded by Stéphane van den Bergh, VDB was the inventor and 1st manufacturer of boom poles in carbon fibre that revolutionised the market in 1984.
VDB boom poles are famous and recognised worldwide for their unequaled lightweight, robustness, reduced bulk and low microphonics.
Through the design and manufacture of its products (poles, cables …) in the south-west of France, VDB is constantly seeking to improve
the technical means available to its customers. Thus, the company has gradually transposed its search for product quality into the search for new technologies to share with its clients in order to respond to all the audio issues of professionals in the broadcast, studio, cinema & television industry.
On the 30th anniversary of the company, VDB revealed its new QUART DE TOUR range, the “QT” so Cuty!
This product range has an innovative collar system for locking and loosing the pole by a 1/4 hand turn. This improvement is the achievement of thirty years experience supplying the most demanding sound makers all around the world.