The Smyles Comm-biner is a Stereo audio interface for monitoring Production and Walkie-Talkie audio over headphones It is particularly suitable for reality and documentary production, but useful in any situation where walkies must be monitored as well as production audio.
The Comm-biner V2 introduces a new chassis and DIP switch, which allows to user to choose whether to feed the walkie audio to the left, right or both channels. It also has the standard stereo-mono switch. In stereo mode, normal stereo monitoring of production audio with the comm feeds both channels; in mono mode, the stereo input is mixed to mono and fed only to a single mone earpiece. Additionally, the ring of the headphone jack is lifted so a mono earpiece will not short out the right channel feed.
No need to block one ear with an uncomfortable surveillance tube, compromising the sound of your headphones in that ear. Both ears are open so you hear normally and the walkie talkie can be heard equally in both ears.
The Comm-biner can be used with any input source from professional mixer/recorder or camera to IFB receiver, iPod or iPad and feed to headphones, IEMs or earbuds. The signal chain is completely passive, so no power is needed.
A transducer and tube are included for times when the use of surveillance is preferred.
- Allows the user to hear and communicate on two different walkie-talkie channels at the same time while monitoring IFB combined audio
- Combined production and walkie-talkie audio
- No need for surveillance tubes
- Receive input from any professional mixer/recorder
- Designed to be used with any headphones, IEMs, or earbuds
- Walkie signal is equally distributed between both ears
- Stereo-mono switch allows for normal monitoring in stereo or single earpiece monitoring in mono
- DIP switch controls walkie feed to right, left
- Does not need to be powered
- Surveillance tube included, just in case
- Completely passive signal chain—no power needed
What’s in the box?
- 1x Comm-biner audio interface
- 2x Surveillance sets with detachable transducer and surveillance tube
- 1x Y splitter cable
- 1x Mini to mini jumper for IFB out to Comm-biner input