Schoeps Cut 60 Low Cut Filter
The Schoeps Cut 60 Low Cut Filter is set at 60Hz and can be inserted between the capsule and the microphone CMC amplifier.
It prevents the effect of infrasonic disturbances from being passed on to any succeeding device. In particular, pressure-gradient transducers (directional microphones) produce very high infrasonic signal levels when exposed to wind or in elastic suspensions. These can saturate an input transformer or an amplifier stage even before the audible portion of the disturbance becomes noticeable.
To avoid this, a very sharp (24 dB/oct) infrasonic filter at 60 Hz is permanently engaged. It has no effect on speech.
- Recommended for use with the MK 41 on a boom
- Can be screwed between MK capsules and CMC amplifier
- Very effective suppression of low-frequency wind noise and solid-borne noise
- Extremely steep filter (24 dB/oct.)
- The speech signal is not affected.
For more information, please see Schoeps.