Zoom H3-VR 360 Virtual Reality Audio Recorder
The Zoom H3-VR 360 Virtual Reality Audio Recorder is the complete solution for capturing and processing spatial audio for VR, AR and mixed-reality content. With a built-in Ambisonic mic, recorder and decoder, the H3-VR puts 360-audio in the palm of your hand.
Ambisonics Audio for VR
The H3-VR’s 4-capsule Ambisonic mic captures precise 360-degree VR audio recordings up to 24 bit/96 kHz. And without ever connecting to a computer, the onboard decoder allows you to export Ambisonics B-format files directly.
5.1ch Surround for Video
Free to download, ZOOM Ambisonics Player software can easily convert Ambisonics audio to a 5.1ch surround file that is pre-aligned to the proper speakers, and is exported to your video or audio editor for syncing with standard video.
- 4 built-in mics arranged in an Ambisonic array
- Full-sphere surround sound recording
- Single-knob gain control of all input levels
- Onboard Ambisonics A to B decoding
- Three recording modes: Ambisonics, Stereo Binaural or Standard Stereo
- Record up to 24bit/96kHz
- Stereo binaural monitoring of Ambisonics signal
- Headphone output and line output
- Slate tone
- Extensive metadata
- Auto Mic Position Detection using 6-axis gyroscope (upfront, endfire upside-down, endfire inverted)
- Level Function to ensure precise angle placement
- Wireless iOS remote control available through the BTA-1 Bluetooth adapter
- Onboard Ambisonics playback with audio rotation
- Accurate internal clock with .5ppm discrepancy
- USB 2.0 Audio Interface Mode
- Zoom PC/Mac post-production software to play, change a direction, and convert to binaural, stereo, and 5.1ch surround file
- Powered by 2 AA batteries or USB bus power
- Records to SD card up to 512GB
Auto Mic Position and Level Detection make placing the H3-VR simple. Whether positioned upright, upside down, endfire or endfire inverted, the H3-VR automatically calibrates so your audio and video are already aligned for post.
Out of the shot. But in control
Staying out of the shot can be tricky when recording a 360-degree video, which is why the H3-VR Control App lets you remotely access transport controls, level settings, and metadata notes right from your iOS device.*
*Optional BTA-1 adapter required
Output Volume Controls
The H3-VR’s line out volume control lets you adjust the output volume to a DSLR camera, additional headphone, etc.
A dedicated headphone jack allows for stereo binaural monitoring of your audio while recording.
Precise Internal Clock
The H3-VR’s highly accurate internal clock with 0.5 ppm discrepancy reduces audio/visual drift.
Slate Tone/Sound Marker
Using the slate tone enables you to easily calibrate the H3-VR and camera audio levels. Use the sound marker to output a tone when recording starts to make syncing audio and video easy.
The H3-VR’s adjustable low cut filter removes unwanted low-end frequencies.
Low Cut Filter
The H3-VR’s adjustable high-pass filter removes unwanted low-end frequencies.
Input Volume Gain
With the single-knob gain control, you can easily adjust the gains of all four mic capsules simultaneously for accurate, balanced 360-degree audio.
3.5mm Line Out
The H3-VR fits right in with your existing gear, featuring a dedicated line out for a wide range of 360 cameras or other external devices.
Weighing less 5 ounces (120g), the H3-VR is the perfect Ambisonics recorder to take on the go. And since H3-VR records directly to an SD card, there’s no need for external gear.
Monitor your audio live in stereo binaural or use the H3-VR’s onboard Ambisonics Decoding to simulate your recorded 360-experience during playback.
What’s in the box?
1x H3-VR Handy Recorder
1x Foam windscreen
1x Dual mounting bracket
BTA-1 Bluetooth Adapter
WSU-1 Hairy Windscreen