Timecode Systems SyncBac Pro
Timecode Systems SyncBac Pro – The SyncBac PRO is a wireless, embedded, timecode-sync solution for GoPro HERO4 Black and Silver cameras. Simply clip it to the back of the GoPro to enable the camera to generate frame-accurate timecode, producing a timecoded MP4 file at source. This creates the capability to wirelessly timecode sync multiple GoPros, and GoPros with pro cameras and pro audio devices over Timecode Systems’ long-range BLINK RF network.
- Wirelessly synchronise multiple GoPro HERO4 cameras over BLINK RF
- Synchronise GoPros with pro cameras & pro audio devices
- Start & stop multiple GoPros simultaneously from a tablet
- Get real-time feedback on status and settings for multiple GoPros, for example in VR rigs
- Media is easily dropped into the edit timeline and automatically aligned
The Timecode Systems SyncBac Pro makes it easier to capture, log, search, and synchronise content captured during multicamera film and television shoots and 360-degree virtual reality filming. Whether you’re using multiple GoPro HERO4 cameras scattered around a location or as a cluster rigged for 360-degree filming, the SyncBac PRO offers production teams a cohesive way to synchronise multiple streams of recorded footage and remotely control cameras via the free multiplatform BLINK Hub app.
Timecode sync multiple GoPros
Attach a SyncBac PRO to every unit and timecode sync multiple HERO4 Black and Silver units via long range wireless BLINK RF. Simply make one GoPro the master unit and use the SyncBac PRO to timecode sync unlimited GoPro slaves.
The BLINK RF protocol is how Timecode Systems’ products communicate with each other and how timecode, metadata and control commands travel between units
Timecode sync with pro cameras & pro audio devices
When docked with a SyncBac PRO, GoPro HERO4 Black and Silver cameras integrate perfectly into a Timecode Systems production workflow. This means they can wirelessly timecode sync with any professional camera and audio equipment using a :pulse, :wave or :minitrx+ unit for timecode.
Wireless monitoring & control
The SyncBac PRO is much more than a timecode generator for GoPros. When connected to the BLINK Hub dashboard via a :pulse, SyncBac PRO users can remotely control and monitor multiple GoPros from any smartphone (iOS or Android), tablet, or Mac® computer. This, among other things, unlocks the capability to adjust camera settings and record start/stop remotely – a great way to maximize a GoPro’s battery life when it’s gear-mounted or not easily accessible.
The SyncBac PRO is a tailor-made accessory for GoPro HERO4 Silver and Black cameras.
- Seamlessly attaches via the HEROBus 30 pin port.
- Compact design keeps the GoPro as small and light as possible.
- Compatible with GoPro HERO4 Black and Silver standard BacPac backdoor housings.
- Supports GoPro HERO4 firmware version 4 onwards.
- Internal battery that last 12 hours.
- No external connectors required.
Wirelessly sync multiple cameras over RF
Timecode sync is via BLINK – a wireless long range sync, control and metadata exchange protocol developed by Timecode Systems.
- Operates over long range 865MHz to 923MHz RF.
- Set up a :wave or :pulse as your BLINK master unit.
- Activate BLINK slaves by selecting the same RF channel.
- Monitor and control everything from one location.
Remote control your GoPro
The BLINK Hub is a new, free app accessed from any smartphone, tablet or Mac computer using the Wi-Fi connection from a Timecode Systems :pulse.
- Real-time access to a production dashboard displaying every Timecode Systems camera and sound unit on a rig. This includes GoPros with SyncBac PRO.
- Access the app from any smartphone (iOS or Android), tablet, or Mac computer over Wi-Fi, or through a wired Ethernet connection into the :pulse.
- Centrally timecode sync video and audio timecode and metadata in complex multicamera set-ups. Including rigs with multiple GoPros.
- Remote record start/stop and control multiple GoPros centrally from a computer, tablet or smartphone. See our video tutorial.
- Maximize battery life of gear-mounted GoPros by using remote camera control, status and monitoring functionality.
Save time & money in postproduction
At the end of a shoot, hand your editor an SD card with frame accurate embedded timecode.
- Creates an MP4 file embedded with frame accurate timecode at source.
- Upload into Apple Final Cut Pro X or Adobe Premiere PRO.
- Use the MP4 file or transcode to Apple ProRes – the timecode remains stable.