Tascam TM-X2 DSLR Stereo Microphone
The Tascam TM-X2 DSLR Stereo Microphone – X-Y pattern for DSLR cameras – the ideal solution to combine high-quality audio with high-definition video. It allows users to utilize the same cardioid mics made popular on the DR-Series PCM recorders and record straight into their camera of choice.
TM-2X with noise isolation armThe two high-quality mic capsules can be rotated horizontally by 180 degrees and accept high sound pressure levels up to 125 dB SPL. They are equipped with a switchable low-cut filter, a two-stage output level adjustment to adjust for varying cameras input levels, and all of this rests on a floating support structure to eliminate handling noise.
For additional noise isolation, the TM-2X ships with an isolation arm to distance the mics from auto-focus noise caused by the camera lens, and place the mics closer to the audio source being recorded.
For outdoor recording, an included fur windscreen can be attached. The TM-2X and noise-isolation arm are mounted to the top of the camera via a standard shoe mount. The mics plug into the camera’s 3.5-mm mic input, and are powered from the standard plug-in power supplied by the DSLR camera.
- High-grade stereo condenser microphone for high-quality sound recording with DSLR or mirrorless cameras
- Can be mounted directly to the camera accessory shoe and swivelled by 180 degrees to capture sound sources in front or behind the user
- Tripod attachment screw-hole (1/4-inch) to place the microphone apart from the camera XY orientation for clear stereo definition and minimal phase differences
- Accepts high sound pressure level up to 125 dB SPL Switchable input sensitivity for optimum performance with any camera model Switchable filter to minimize unwanted low-frequency noise
- Operates with plug-in power – no battery required
- Noise isolation arm included to reduce possible noise being recorded from the camera’s lens or stabilizer mechanisms
- Fur windscreen included to reduce noise being recorded in outdoor situations