Sound Devices MixPre-6 II
The Sound Devices MixPre-6 II is version 2 and the newest member of the groundbreaking MixPre Series of recorders, mixers, and USB audio interfaces. If you record field audio, sound effects, audio for film, podcasts, voice-overs, music, or are just starting your audio journey, the MixPre II Series is for you! Lightweight, durable, and small, this powerhouse audio recorder and USB interface will help you capture audio for any application.
- KashmirTM Microphone Preamps with 48 V Phantom
- Internal timecode generator
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz
- Bit depths up to 32-bit float
- Adjustable Limiters
- SD card recording and reading
- Backup to USB drive
- 10 seconds of Pre-roll at 48 kHz
- USB Control Surface support
- Customize with plugins
- Add low cut, high pass, delay, polarity invert, and panning
- Simultaneous recording, mixing, USB audio streaming
- Trigger record via timecode or HDMI timecode
- Basic, Advanced, and custom modes
- High-fidelity headphone amplifier
If you record field audio, sound effects, audio for film, podcasts, voice-overs, music, or are just starting your audio journey, the MixPre II Series is for you! Lightweight, durable, and small, this powerhouse audio recorder and USB interface will help you capture audio for any application.
With Sound Devices’ hand-crafted, crystal-clear, ultra low-noise Kashmir preamps, you’ll record audio in superior quality – all the way up to a 32-bit float bit depth and a 192 kHz sample rate. This newest generation of Sound Devices’ award-winning MixPre Series has been redesigned for increased performance and an astounding 142 dB of dynamic range.
The MixPre II is highly customizable to your needs. Record internally to a compatible SD card on set or stream your podcast over USB to your computer at home. Power with your computer, wall power, or record in the middle of nowhere with AA or Sony L-mount batteries. Adjust limiters, bit depth, sample rates, gain, pan, low-cut, phase inversion and phantom power to your liking. Use the MixPre’s high-precision internal timecode generator to trigger the camera, or feed timecode in. The choice is yours!
Professionals love the flexibility of the MixPre Series. Don’t need all those options? Basic mode has you covered.
All models are rugged, lightweight, and small, so you can throw it in a bag or mount it to a tripod or camera
– or get situated on set with our Wingman App and one of our four supported USB control surfaces. With the superior sound and build quality that you can expect from the industry leader in production audio recording, your MixPre II can capture audio for any application. Our friendly and knowledgeable support team, based in the USA and Germany, is here for all your questions and comments. Our job is to make your job easier.
For Sound Devices Tech Notes. Click HERE
For information on other various powering options, see MixPre Series’ Powering Options.
For information on maximizing your battery runtime with the MixPre-3, see Maximizing Battery Runtimes on MixPre3 & MixPre-6.
Customise with Plugins –
Are you a songwriter or musician? Buy the Musician Plugin to easily create a song using your MixPre II as a standalone recorder or USB interface. Use onboard features like overdub, bounce, reverb, and tracking to a metronome. Create Music projects to lay down backing tracks and use them live or at home for writing or practicing. Capturing your song ideas has never been easier!
Download the free Ambisonics Plugin to record in 360° audio and monitor binaurally with an ambisonic microphone like the Sennheiser AMBEO and a MixPre-6 II or MixPre-10 II.