Sound Devices MixPre 3 II
The Sound Devices MixPre 3 II is version 2 and the newest member of the groundbreaking MixPre Series of recorders, mixers, and USB audio interfaces. If you record field audio, sound effects, audio for film, podcasts, voice-overs, music, or are just starting your audio journey, the MixPre II Series is for you! Lightweight, durable, and small, this powerhouse audio recorder and USB interface will help you capture audio for any application.
What‚Äôs New in the MixPre-3 II?
- Bit depth up to 32-bit float for increased dynamic range.
- Record up to 192 kHz.
- Faster, more advanced hardware.
- Internal LTC Timecode Generation and Output.
- Adjustable Limiters.
- Pre-roll buffer increased to 10 seconds.
- Three ultra-low-noise Kashmir microphone preamps with adjustable limiters capture high quality audio in the field, on set, or with a computer.
- Create a mix using the built-in 3 x 2 portable mixer.
- Record up to 5 tracks to an SD card and backup to a USB thumb drive.
- 5-in, 2-out USB audio interface streams to your computer via USB-C.
- Choose bit depths from 16 to 32-bit float, and sampling rates from 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz.
- Internal LTC timecode generator. Timecode In/Out via Aux In/Stereo Out.
- USB-A for control surfaces, keyboards, and auto-copy to USB drive.
- In-unit ISO mixing, gain, pan, low-cut, phase inversion, and phantom power.
- Lightweight, durable, and small: perfect for bag use, mobile recording, or a home studio.
- Powerful 300 mW+300 mW headphone amp allows clear and accurate reference of audio.
- Includes MX-4AA Battery Sled (batteries not included), MX-PSU AC Power Supply, and USB-C to USB-C cable.
- Customize with plugins from the Plugin Store.
If you record field audio, sound effects, audio for film, podcasts, voice-overs, music, or are just starting your audio journey, the MixPre II Series is for you! Lightweight, durable, and small, this powerhouse audio recorder and USB interface will help you capture audio for any application.
With Sound Devices‚Äô hand-crafted, crystal-clear, ultra low-noise Kashmir preamps, you‚Äôll record audio in superior quality – all the way up to a 32-bit float bit depth and a 192 kHz sample rate. This newest generation of Sound Devices‚Äô award-winning MixPre Series has been redesigned for increased performance and an astounding 142 dB of dynamic range.
The MixPre II is highly customizable to your needs. Record internally to a compatible SD card on set or stream your podcast over USB to your computer at home. Power with your computer, wall power, or record in the middle of nowhere with AA or Sony L-mount batteries. Adjust limiters, bit depth, sample rates, gain, pan, low-cut, phase inversion and phantom power to your liking. Use the MixPre‚Äôs high-precision internal timecode generator to trigger the camera, or feed timecode in. The choice is yours!
All models are rugged, lightweight, and small, so you can throw it in a bag or mount it to a tripod or camera
– or get situated on set with our Wingman App and one of our four supported USB control surfaces. With the superior sound and build quality that you can expect from the industry leader in production audio recording, your MixPre II can capture audio for any application. Our friendly and knowledgeable support team, based in the USA and Germany, is here for all your questions and comments. Our job is to make your job easier.
For Sound Devices Tech Notes. Click HERE
For information on other various powering options, see MixPre Series’ Powering Options.
For information on maximizing your battery runtime with the MixPre-3, see Maximizing Battery Runtimes on MixPre3 & MixPre-6.