Sound Devices 888 SL-2 Bundle
The Sound Devices 888 SL-2 Bundle is a collection of products that compliment the Sound Devices 888. The bundle contains:
- Sound Devices 888 Multitrack Recorder
- Sound Devices SL-2 Dual Superslot Wireless Module
- Sound Devices 64GB SD Card
- Hawk-Woods LA-10 10cm Hirose to TA4F cable
The Hirose to TA4F cable allows the 888 to be used with your existing NP1 Battery set up.
About the Sound Devices 888:
The Sound Devices 888 Multitrack Recorder is a portable mixer-recorder that’s compact and light enough to use in a bag, yet has the high channel count and power required for mobile cart productions.
At a glance:
- 8 ultra low-noise, 8-Series microphone preamplifiers
- 16 channels, 10 buses, 20 tracks
- 16 channels of Dante I/O
- 256 GB internal SSD, 2 SD card slots
- USB control surface support via MCU
- Dugan Automixing or MixAssist for up to 16 channels
The 888 is the smallest portable mixer-recorder on the market that offers Dante for sending and receiving audio over Ethernet. With 8 ultra low-noise, 8-Series microphone preamplifiers, 16 channels, 20 tracks, multiple powering methods, and support for multiple USB control surfaces, the 888 can be easily tailored to your workflow. An updated processing architecture and multiple FPGAs enables the 888 to be fully routable: any physical input may be sent to any track, bus, or output.
Many features have carried over from the premium Sound Devices’ Scorpio, such as the new 8-Series preamplifier design, 2 SD card slots, internal 256GB SSD, and dual L-Mount battery charging and powering. The ultra-accurate, fully-featured timecode generator contains its own battery to hold timecode for up to four hours after power off.
Dedicated coms and slate allows for professional bi-directional communication with other crew members. Send customised mixes to the camera or crew with multiple mix buses. With the ability to record to three media simultaneously, you can turn over an SD card to production, AAC files for transcription, and keep a backup on the internal 256 GB SSD.
A built-in three band EQ may be set to either pre- or post-fade for each channel to tackle any problems directly on-set. Enable Dugan Automixing or MixAssist to automatically attenuate unused microphones in multi-microphone applications. Up to 16 channels can be automixed at a time.
For more information and frequently asked questions on the Sound Devices 888, click HERE
Sound Devices SL-2 Dual Superslot Wireless Module
The Sound Devices SL-2 Dual Superslot Wireless Module – Streamline your bag with the SL-2 Dual SuperSlot Wireless Module. This two slot-in wireless receiver integration system easily mounts to the top panel of any 8-Series mixer-recorder. UniSlot and SuperSlot™ wireless receivers from a variety of manufacturers are accepted, including Audio Ltd, Lectrosonics, Wisycom, and Sennheiser. The SuperSlot protocol supports up to four channels of wireless audio per slot.
An 8-Series mixer-recorder supplies power to the SL-2 and slotted-in receivers – no external DC connector needed. Analog or digital audio is sent from the receivers into the mixer-recorder via the expansion port, reducing messy cabling for power and audio connectivity. The SL-2 offers antenna distribution to slot-in receivers, spreading out the placement of antennas for better RF performance. The rear panel of the SL-2 is equipped with two TA3 connectors for an additional four inputs of AES3 audio and two 4-pin Hirose DC Outputs, each supplying up to 500 mA for powering additional equipment.
- Accepts two UniSlot or SuperSlot wireless receivers from Audio Ltd, Lectrosonics, Sennheiser, and Wisycom.
- Built-in antenna distribution with antenna powering for active antennas or boosters.
- Supports remote control of third party smart antennas.
- Two auxiliary MCX antenna ports for connecting other receivers or RF distribution.
- Two TA3 AES3 inputs for an additional 4 channels of digital audio.
- Two DC Outputs via Hirose 4-pin connectors, each supplying up to 500 mA.
- Powers via an 8-Series mixer-recorder.
- Accepts either analog or digital audio from slot-in receivers.
- Ability to set and monitor multiple functions of a SuperSlot-compatible receiver from the 8-Series mixer-recorder.
- RF Scan with visual representation of the RF spectrum.
- Monitor transmitter battery, receiver audio, and RF levels.
- Rugged, lightweight, and compact design.
- Mounts to the top of any 8-Series mixer-recorder.
For a look at the full sound devices range available at Raycom, click HERE