Sound Devices 833 SL-2 Bundle
The Sound Devices 833 SL-2 Bundle is a collection of products that compliment the Sound Devices 833. The bundle contains:
- Sound Devices 833 Multitrack Recorder
- Sound Devices SL-2 Dual Superslot Wireless Module
- Sound Devices 64GB SD Card
- Hawk-Woods LA10 10cm Hirose to TA4F cable
About the Sound Devices 833:
The Sound Devices 833 Multitrack Recorder is the professional’s tool for mobile and small productions. The 833 is small, lightweight, and compact. A tactile interface with dedicated faders, trim knobs, and PFL switches makes this mixer-recorder ideal for run-and-gun bag use.
The 833 has 6 mic/line preamplifiers, 8 channels, 12 tracks, 6 analog outputs, and ultra-accurate timecode. Many features have carried over from the premium Sound Devices’ Scorpio, such as Sound Devices’ new preamplifier design, 2 SD card slots, dual L-Mount battery charging and powering, and an internal 256 GB SSD.
A built-in three band EQ may be set to either pre- or post-fade for each channel to tackle any problems directly on-set. Enable Dugan Automixing or MixAssist to automatically attenuate unused microphones in multi-microphone applications. Up to 8 channels can be automixed at a time.
Dedicated coms and slate allows for professional bi-directional communication with other crew members. Send customised mixes to the camera or crew with multiple mix buses. With the ability to record to three media simultaneously, you can turn over SD cards to production at the end of the day while keeping a backup on the internal 256 GB SSD.
At a glance
• 6 ultra low-noise, 8-Series microphone preamplifiers
• 8 channels, 6 buses, 12 tracks
• 6 analog outputs
• Ultra-accurate timecode
• 256 GB internal SSD, 2 SD card slots
• USB-A and C ports for SD-Remote app, linear fader control via MCU, keyboard, and file transfer
• Dugan Automixing/MixAssist for up to 8 channels
10 Hz to 80 kHz ± 0.5 dB (192 kHz sample rate, re 1 kHz)
THD + Noise
0.005% max (mic in, 1 kHz, 22 Hz–22 kHz BW, trim at 20, fader at 0, -10 dBu in)
Equivalent Input Noise
-131 dBV (-129 dBu) max (mic in, A-weighting, 76 dB gain, 150 ohm source impedance)
For Frequently asked questions on the 833, click HERE
Sound Devices SL-2 Dual Superslot Wireless Module
The Sound Devices SL-2 Dual Superslot Wireless Module – Streamline your bag with the SL-2 Dual SuperSlot Wireless Module. This two slot-in wireless receiver integration system easily mounts to the top panel of any 8-Series mixer-recorder. UniSlot and SuperSlot™ wireless receivers from a variety of manufacturers are accepted, including Audio Ltd, Lectrosonics, Wisycom, and Sennheiser. The SuperSlot protocol supports up to four channels of wireless audio per slot.
An 8-Series mixer-recorder supplies power to the SL-2 and slotted-in receivers – no external DC connector needed. Analog or digital audio is sent from the receivers into the mixer-recorder via the expansion port, reducing messy cabling for power and audio connectivity. The SL-2 offers antenna distribution to slot-in receivers, spreading out the placement of antennas for better RF performance. The rear panel of the SL-2 is equipped with two TA3 connectors for an additional four inputs of AES3 audio and two 4-pin Hirose DC Outputs, each supplying up to 500 mA for powering additional equipment.
- Accepts two UniSlot or SuperSlot wireless receivers from Audio Ltd, Lectrosonics, Sennheiser, and Wisycom.
- Built-in antenna distribution with antenna powering for active antennas or boosters.
- Supports remote control of third party smart antennas.
- Two auxiliary MCX antenna ports for connecting other receivers or RF distribution.
- Two TA3 AES3 inputs for an additional 4 channels of digital audio.
- Two DC Outputs via Hirose 4-pin connectors, each supplying up to 500 mA.
- Powers via an 8-Series mixer-recorder.
- Accepts either analog or digital audio from slot-in receivers.
- Ability to set and monitor multiple functions of a SuperSlot-compatible receiver from the 8-Series mixer-recorder.
- RF Scan with visual representation of the RF spectrum.
- Monitor transmitter battery, receiver audio, and RF levels.
- Rugged, lightweight, and compact design.
- Mounts to the top of any 8-Series mixer-recorder.
- Same width as the 833.
For a look at the full sound devices range available at Raycom, click HERE