Sound Devices 833 – Ex Demo
This unit has been used for in house videos. It comes with full warranty when registered with Sound Devices. Condition – Excellent.
The Sound Devices 833 Multitrack Recorder is the professional’s tool for mobile and small productions. Like the popular Sound Devices 633, the 833 is small, lightweight, and compact. A tactile interface with dedicated faders, trim knobs, and PFL switches makes this mixer-recorder ideal for run-and-gun bag use.
The 833 has 6 mic/line preamplifiers, 8 channels, 12 tracks, 6 analog outputs, and ultra-accurate timecode. Many features have carried over from the premium Sound Devices’ Scorpio, such as Sound Devices’ new preamplifier design, 2 SD card slots, dual L-Mount battery charging and powering, and an internal 256 GB SSD.
Additionally, the 833 shares the same processing architecture and multiple FPGAs as the Scorpio. This enables the 833 to be fully routable, and any physical input can be routed to any track. The 833 features both digital and analog inputs and outputs, and has multiple powering options, so it will fit effortlessly into your existing kit.
A built-in three band EQ may be set to either pre- or post-fade for each channel to tackle any problems directly on-set. Enable Dugan Automixing or MixAssist to automatically attenuate unused microphones in multi-microphone applications. Up to 8 channels can be automixed at a time.
Dedicated coms and slate allows for professional bi-directional communication with other crew members. Send customised mixes to the camera or crew with multiple mix buses. With the ability to record to three media simultaneously, you can turn over SD cards to production at the end of the day while keeping a backup on the internal 256 GB SSD.
The 833 may be controlled via the companion Android app, SD-Remote, which features transport controls, metering, and sound reports. For an instant mobile workstation, choose from one of several supported USB control surfaces for remote fader and transport control.
At a glance
• 6 ultra low-noise, 8-Series microphone preamplifiers
• 8 channels, 6 buses, 12 tracks
• 6 analog outputs
• Ultra-accurate timecode
• 256 GB internal SSD, 2 SD card slots
• USB-A and C ports for SD-Remote app, linear fader control via MCU, keyboard, and file transfer
• Dugan Automixing/MixAssist for up to 8 channels
- Frequency Response
10 Hz to 80 kHz ± 0.5 dB (192 kHz sample rate, re 1 kHz)
- THD + Noise
0.005% max (mic in, 1 kHz, 22 Hz–22 kHz BW, trim at 20, fader at 0, -10 dBu in)
- Equivalent Input Noise
-131 dBV (-129 dBu) max (mic in, A-weighting, 76 dB gain, 150 ohm source impedance)
- Modes Supported: Off, Rec Run, Free Run, 24h Run, External, including External Auto-Record and Continuous modes.
- Frame Rates: 23.98*, 24, 25, 29.97 DF, 29.97 ND, 30 DF, 30 ND
- Sample/Timecode Accuracy: 0.1 ppm (0.25 frames per 24 hours)
- Timecode Input: 20k ohm impedance, 0.3 V – 3.0 V p-p (–17 dBu – +3 dBu)
- Timecode Output: 75 ohm impedance, 5 V p-p (+12 dBu)
- Word Clock Input: 10k/75 ohm selectable impedance, 1-5 V p-p input sensitivity
- Word Clock Output: 75 ohm impedance, 5 V p-p output, at SR
- External: 10-18 V input on locking TA4 connector, pin-4 = (+), pin-1 = (-), supports Smart Battery telemetry
- Dual rear-mount Sony-style L-mount batteries with chargers
Current Draw, at 12 V no battery charging
– All mic preamps off: 845 mA
– All mic preamps on: 1.03 A
– All mic preamps on, 192 kHz sample rate, recording to internal SSD and 2 SD Cards: 1.21 A
– Intelligent power-down of unused mic preamps and other internal circuits
Weight (unpackaged, without batteries) is 2.75lbs/1.25kg
For frequently asked questions on the 833 please visit the Sound Devices website here