Shure DL4 Duraplex Subminiature Microphone
Defy the elements. The Shure DL4 Duraplex Subminiature Microphone is consistent, long-lasting, and resistant to dust, dirt, water and sweat. Offering professional-quality audio for film, broadcast, speech, theatre, and performance applications, DuraPlex is perfect for everyday situations but excels in the harshest environments. Capture every moment with confidence. Rain, or shine.
The DL4 DuraPlex has been extensively tested to ensure an IP57 dust-resistant, waterproof rating*. Whether shooting reality TV, mounting a professional theatrical tour, or wherever audio takes you, contending with the elements won’t slow you down. As comfortable on the beach as it is in a broadcast studio, DuraPlex features a neutral, full sound quality that lives up to the highest audio standards.
The advanced 1.6 mm Shure Plex cable, first introduced with the award-winning TwinPlex subminiature microphone, lasts longer than competing cables due to a dual redundant ground which doubles as a secondary shield. It also offers virtually zero “memory effect,” won’t kink, and is fully paintable.
*IP Code, published by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), rates the degree of protection against dust (first number) and water (second number). An IP57 rating classifies DuraPlex as follows:
- 5 (Dust) – Ingress of dust is not entirely prevented, but it does not enter in sufficient quantity to interfere with the satisfactory operation of the equipment.
- 7 (Water) – Ingress of water in harmful quantity shall not be possible when the enclosure is immersed in water up to one metre for 30 minutes.
- 5 mm omnidirectional subminiature design for discrete placement and improved gain-before-feedback
- IP57 dust-resistant, waterproof rated
- Neutral, full sound quality for film, broadcast, speech, theatre, and performance applications
- Advanced 1.6 mm Shure Plex cable:
- The dual redundant ground in cable serves as a secondary shield for unprecedented longevity
- Immune to memory effect and kinks
- Fully paintable with typical theatre paints, pens, and polishes
- Presence Cap included for tailored frequency response provides additional vocal clarity and presence (3-4 dB boost near 10 kHz)
- Available in four colours: Black, Cocoa, Tan, White
- Kit includes the following accessories: Case, Foam Windscreen, Snap-fit Windscreen, Single Tie Clip, Sticky Mount