Sennheiser MKH8060 Cinela COSI Bundle
The Sennheiser MKH8060 Cinela COSI Bundle provides a high-quality microphone and windshield solution. The MKH 8060 COSI includes an MZL connector, making it a slightly more compact solution with a shorter profile.
Sennheiser MKH 8060 Shotgun Microphone
Whether it’s a feature film, a documentary, an outdoor shoot or a studio production, the Sennheiser MKH 8060 Shotgun Microphone will provide high-quality sound to match your great pictures. Handily compact it shows its strengths as a professional shotgun microphone: The MKH 8060 delivers an absolute natural sound and outstanding off-axis linearity, attenuating sound coming from the side without colouration. Like all mics of the 8000-family, it can be easily combined with the MZD 8000 digital module, turning it into a
full-fledged digital microphone.
- Super-cardioid/lobar pick-up pattern
- Very natural sound
- Undistorted off-axis sound
- Exceptionally low inherent self-noise
- Extremely low distortion
- Transformerless and fully floating balanced output
- High output signal
- Rugged metal housing
- Non-reflective Nextel® coating
- Extremely weather-proof due to RF circuit
- Ideal for camera mounting due to compact design
- Becomes a digital mic when combined with the MZD 8000 digital module
- Timbrally identical with the other 8000-series microphones for optimum aural compatibility
What’s in the box?
- Shotgun microphone MKH 8060
- Microphone clip
- Threaded transport tube
- User manual
Cinela Cosi Modular Windshield Complete Kit
The Cinela Cosi Modular Windshield is a new lightweight fur windshield designed for use in light to moderate wind speeds. For strong winds, it is recommended using a full basket windshield solution, such as the Piano & Pianissimo.
Please choose the complete kit set up you require from the drop down menu. Includes Windshield and mount.
Please get in touch if you require different configurations.
- Three cage lengths: L (21cm), M (18cm) and S (15cm)
- Four microphone holders: for diameters: 19, 20, 21 & 22mm
- Two cable lengths: Long with two cable pins (for cages L & M) and Short with single pin (for cage S)
MiniCMIT, Long cage, 21mm mike diameter, Long cable
Schoeps CMC, Long cage, 20mm mike diameter, Long cable
DPA4017C, Long cage, 19mm mike diameter, Long cable
Sanken CS-M1, Medium cage, 19mm mike diameter, Long cable
MKH8000, DPA4018C, Short cage, 19mm mike diameter, Short cable
As any other suspension/windshield, COSI needs the use of a good rumble filter (Very low end handling noise). Typically 50/70 Hz with a +18dB/oct slope (3rd order filter).
Many mixers/recorders only offers +12dB/oct filters (2nd order). Then it may be a little compromise.
Avoid microphones with +6dB/oct filters (1st order).
Many microphones are very rich in the Low End (MKH8000 or DPA with C preamp). These ones need a high slope filter.
Schoeps MiniCMIT offers a very convenient in-built +24dB/oct filter (4th order) !
Definitely the best against handling rumbles ! Absolutely no need for any other filter ! Best choice for “uncertain” inputs (cameras, DSLR).