Sennheiser MKH50 Rycote Baseball Bundle
The Sennheiser MKH50 Rycote Baseball Bundle includes the Sennheiser Super-Cardioid MKH50 microphone, Rycote Invision INV 7HG MK3 shockmount and Rycote Baseball Combo (windshield and fur cover).
Sennheiser MKH50 Super-cardioid Microphone:
The super-cardioid MKH 50 offers a higher attenuation of diffuse field and lateral sound than the cardioid microphone. It is principally designed for use as a soloist’s or spot microphone for applications requiring a high degree of side-borne sound muting and feedback rejection. The directional characteristics are frequency-independent.
- High rejection of lateral sounds
- Exceptionally low inherent self-noise
- Transformerless and fully floating balanced output
- Symmetrical transducer technology ensures extremely low distortion
- Switchable roll-off filter to compensate for proximity effects at a distance of approx. 0.5 m
- Switchable pre-attenuation
- Black, anodised light metal body
For more info on the MKH50 – Here
Rycote Baseball Combo:
The Rycote Baseball Windshield is fitted with a soft yet durable end-cap. Made of thermoplastic elastomer – a unique plastic and rubber mix – the end-cap helps secure the mic and provides an effective seal against wind. The Baseball comes in ‘19/20’, ’21/22′ (green end-cap) and ‘24/25’ variants, reflecting compatible microphone diameters in mm.
- Significantly increased performance versus conventional foam windscreens
- Provides -30dB of wind noise attenuation, across the frequency spectrum
- Rapid attachment and removal
- Durable and easily maintained
- Incredibly lightweight – only 17g*
- Offers capsule protection to the mic (during scene ‘down-time’ and equipment changes)
- Acoustically transparent open cell foam and soft felt cover construction
- Handmade in the UK
*Weights / dimensions approximate
The Baseball Windjammer comes in one size, with mic hole size option, i.e. 19/20mm, 21/22mm and 24/25mm.
Weighing just 15g*, the Baseball Windjammer adds very little extra size or weight when fitted to the Baseball.
Adding a Baseball Windjammer to the Baseball brings a very useful extra 10dB of wind noise attenuation, across the spectrum.
The performance of the Baseball with the Windjammer fitted is -40dB wind noise attenuation, across the frequency spectrum.
Rycote InVision INV 7HG MK3 Shockmount:
Rycote INV 7HG MKIII Boom Mount is suitable for Microphones from 19 to 34mm in diameter. Ideal for front-heavy microphones, or microphones used with a Softie or Baby Ballgag windshield.
- Virtually indestructible
- Offers much improved isolation from camera noise compared to other on-camera microphone mounts
- No elasticated parts — never sags or needs rethreading
Part of the larger InVision range of noise-reducing microphone shock-mounts, Rycote’s InVision Broadcast, are designed for discreet, low-profile on-camera use in broadcast studio environments where windshielding is not required.
The InVision Broadcast mounts feature Rycote’s latest Lyre suspension systems to offer broadcast professionals the cleanest possible sound, free from unwanted cable or stand-borne noise. They may be used with microphones mounted on desks, stands or boom poles, or suspended mics.
For a list of compatible microphones please check the compatibility tab on this page – Compatible microphones