Sennheiser MKH 8060 with Rycote Windshield 1 MZL Bundle
The Sennheiser MKH 8060 with Rycote Windshield 1 MZL Bundle reduces the overall length of the MKH 8060 and windshield by using the MZL connector in place of the rear 8060 XLR module. This provides a smaller windshield making it ideal for recording in tight spaces.
Sennheiser MKH 8060
Whether it’s a feature film, a documentary, an outdoor shoot or a studio production, the MKH 8060 will provide high quality sound to match your great pictures. Handily compact it shows its strengths as a professional shotgun microphone: The MKH 8060 delivers an absolute natural sound and outstanding off-axis linearity, attenuating sound coming from the side without coloration. Like all mics of the 8000-family it can be easily combined with the MZD 8000 digital module, turning it into a full-fledged digital microphone.
- Super-cardioid/lobar pick-up pattern
- Very natural sound
- Undistorted off-axis sound
- Exceptionally low inherent self-noise
- Extremely low distortion
- Transformerless and fully floating balanced output
- High output signal
- Rugged metal housing
- Non-reflective Nextel® coating
- Extremely weather-proof due to RF circuit
- Ideal for camera mounting due to compact design
- Becomes a digital mic when combined with the MZD 8000 digital module
- Timbrally identical with the other 8000-series microphones for optimum aural compatibility
Rycote Windshield Kit 1 with MZL
The Modular Windshield WS 1 Kit (MZL) is suitable for the Sennheiser MKH 8060 with its MZX XLR module removed when a compact size is the highest priority.
- Flexible, complete windshield and suspension package, which provides varying levels of windshielding for numerous microphone configurations
- The iconic Windshield Kit is the industry standard, and leads the way in windshielding and suspension technology
The Modular Windshield Kit is the professionals’ choice when maximum isolation from wind and handling noise is required.
This complete modular system can be configured to allow almost any microphone to be shock-mounted and provided with varying degrees of windshielding. Components may be ordered separately, or as one of a series of kits, which simplify the selection process for many common configurations. A Modular Windshield Kit is comprised of the following three main components: Modular Suspension, Modular Windshield and Windjammer.
The suspensions provides complete isolation against handling noise and cable-borne noises, by supporting the microphone in a cradle arrangement using Lyre suspension webs.
The Windshield basket completely surrounds the microphone and its connector, sliding onto the Modular Suspension to provide up to 30dB of wind noise attenuation. This is the first layer of windshielding protection for your microphone.
The Windjammer introduced by Rycote in 1985, is high quality synthetic fur covers, designed to fit perfectly over the Modular Windshield. It gives an additional 20dB of wind noise attenuation. Fitted with a drawstring & toggle to allow snug and easy fitting. Modular Windshield Kits, including zipped Windjammer are also available on request.