Schoeps Super CMIT2 With Options
The Schoeps Super CMIT2 With Options defines a new type of shotgun microphone. Its directivity goes well beyond that of conventional shotguns, even those with long interference tubes. It offers completely new possibilities for the sound engineer.
The SuperCMIT is a digital microphone (AES42 standard). This standard is supported by many present-day mobile recorders as well as some mixing boards.
- Innovative, digital shotgun microphone with increased directivity, based on the analog CMIT 5
- Exceptional suppression of diffuse sound
- Completely new functional principle based on two transducers
- Patented DSP algorithms from ILLUSONIC
- Two-channel output: SuperCMIT signal on channel 1, with unprocessed (CMIT) signal on channel 2
- SCHOEPS sound quality: transparent sound despite high directivity
The DSP in the SuperCMIT detects discrete sound from different directions and whether the sound has a discrete, permanent direction. The algorithm also detects diffuse sound from all directions. This information is used to suppress diffuse sound and to focus on discrete sound.
This allows the range of the microphone to be increased significantly – without the typical artifacts in sound color. The SuperCMIT is the world’s first microphone that combines high directivity with high sound quality.
The SuperCMIT 2 U has three buttons that enable/disable the filters and presets of the microphone. The two filters are identical to those of the analog tube CMIT 5 U: high-frequency emphasis (+5 dB at 10 kHz) compensates the attenuation of wind shields; the steep low-cut (18 dB/octave from 80 Hz) suppresses low-frequency wind and boom noises.
While the unprocessed CMIT signal is always at the output on channel 2, channel 1 is the output of the SuperCMIT. A preset button determines its directivity. Two positions are possible:
Preset 1: Moderate increase of the directivity and attenuation of the diffuse sound by 11dB (5dB more than the SCHOEPS CMIT 5U or channel 2 of the SuperCMIT)
Preset 2: The attenuation of the diffuse sound is 15 dB. This position is reserved for special applications – in some cases artifacts are possible.
The gain can be raised by +30 dB by double-clicking on all three buttons.
For the SuperCMIT, two power supplies are available, which are needed if the recording device doesn’t support AES42.
– PSD 2U: digital 10V phantom power, AES3 output
– MiniDA42: digital 10V phantom power, AES3 output, 2 analog outputs.
- Wooden case, SG 20 stand adapter, W 170 foam windscreen for moderate wind and boom motion, Mini-DA42 or PSD 2U:
- Mini-DA42: device for powering digital microphones; with digital and analog outputs, AC adapter included
- PSD 2U: powering box for 10-Volt digital phantom powering (DPP) with XLR and RCA outputs; AC adapter included
With the PSD 2U the SuperCMIT 2U is slightly cheaper, with the Mini-DA 42 you have more options like analogue and digital outputs
On special request the SuperCMIT 2 U can be ordered with a grey surface.
WARRANTY TERMS – Extend to 10 Years!
Schoeps offer a two-year manufacturer’s warranty on all microphone capsules (MK), microphones (e.g. CMIT, CCM) and microphone amplifiers (CMC). By registering the products on their Web site here, the warranties of capsules, microphones and amplifiers can be extended to ten years. This extension of warranty applies only to the original purchaser and is not transferable.
The warranty applies to new items only, based on their date of first purchase. They have to be purchased after September 1, 2019 and registered within one year after purchase. However, Schoeps reserves the right to restrict the warranty if significantly more than two years have elapsed between the date of sale to the dealer and the date of sale to the customer.
During the warranty period, Schoeps guarantee that the product will work properly in the sense of normal use, unless it has been handled improperly. Signs of heavy wear, deposits of dirt or significant liquid residues void the warranty.