Schoeps Mini CMIT Bubblebee Spacer Bundle
The Schoeps Mini CMIT Bubblebee Spacer Bundle includes the Schoeps Mini CMIT Shotgun microphone and the new Bubblebee Spacer Bubble which is a slip on windshield including Fur Cover.
The Schoeps CMIT Mini:
The Schoeps Mini CMIT Shotgun Microphone offers the characteristics of a CMIT 5 in more compact form. The MiniCMIT, CMIT 5 and SuperCMIT (ch2) have identical frequency response curves. Furthermore, the MiniCMIT and CMIT 5 have circuitry with similar characteristics, such that the microphones can be interchanged without altering the sound.
Outstanding technical performance:
- Optimal on-axis response
- Smooth pickup of off-axis sound; diffuse-field frequency response rolls off gently above 2 kHz
- Very lightweight and robust; ideal for use on a boom
- Fixed 4th order low-cut filter at 70 Hz
For use in smaller indoor spaces, SCHOEPS often recommends a microphone such as the MK 41 / CCM 41 supercardioid, with frequency response that is consistent for all angles of sound incidence. This capsule achieves very natural sound quality no matter how much reflected sound may be present in the room.
The MiniCMIT and CMIT 5, on the other hand, offer increased directivity at high frequencies, and would be recommended particularly in order to increase the suppression of sound arriving from the sides, e.g. outdoors or in larger studios. With their excellent diffuse-field pickup characteristics, they combine transparent sound quality with high directivity. If even greater suppression of off-axis noise or diffuse sources of noise is required, we recommend the SuperCMIT. It is used mainly for feature film sound, but also on the theatrical stage and for sports broadcasting.
For more technical information – MINI CMIT
Bubblebee Spacer Bubble
The Bubblebee Spacer Bubble is a three-piece adaptable windshield solution for shotgun microphones designed specifically for boom operators, camera folks, sound mixers and all sound recordists who experience changing conditions.
- Switch locations fast and always get the best transparency while blocking the wind noise.
- Specially designed rubber base for super easy and secure mounting.
- Base windshield made from highly efficient mesh.
- Slip-on fur made from Bubblebee Industries’ best imitation fur (high amount of hair pieces per cm2) which allows for optimal frequency transparency.
- Quick drying of the fur if it gets wet. You can just place it in the mesh bag.
- Comes in seven different sizes – sure to find a size that perfectly fits your favourite shotgun mic.
- Save valuable time while getting best quality.
- Practical mesh bag included for easy storage and fast mounting.
- Designed in Denmark by sound lovers, for sound lovers.
The Spacer Bubble shotgun microphone windshield is constructed of a noise-free mesh base, with a coarse foam inside and a specially designed rubber mount at the bottom.
The combination of the foam and the mesh provides the perfect conditions for recording indoors. For quick and extra wind protection, simply slip-on the short-haired fur.
If you already have The Spacer Bubble and you are looking for extra protection in strong winds, check out The Long-Haired Spacer Cover. And if you want the complete set of Spacer Bubble + Long-Haired Spacer Cover for optimal wind protection in all kinds of weather.