Discontinued – Schoeps Blue Colette Set – CMC-1 MK41 + CUT 60
This Limited Edition Product is no longer available – Please see the Schoeps CMC 1
The set Includes:
- CMC 1 U amplifier
- CUT 60 low-cut-filter
- MK 41 microphone capsule
- B 5 D windscreen
- SG 20 stand clamp
- Peli Case 1015 blue/transparent
About the MK41:
The MK 41 effectively attenuates diffuse sound energy and produces a clear, “dry” sound pickup.
Its polar pattern is exceptionally frequency-independent: sounds from the side and back are strongly attenuated, but picked up without false colouration. This feature has made the MK 41 an international standard for indoor film sound.
The susceptibility of the MK 41 to acoustic feedback is lower than with any other SCHOEPS capsule type, provided that no loudspeaker radiates directly from the rear. The sensitivity minimum of the supercardioid occurs at approximately a 125° angle of incidence.
The directional effect is independent of frequency, so that off-axis and diffuse sound are picked up free of false colouration, thus sounding natural. That is a real advantage over shotgun microphones, which have appreciably greater directivity only at higher frequencies, and frequency response (and thus sound quality) that depends on the direction of sound incidence.
CMC 1 U Features:
- high maximum SPL: 135 dB-SPL with the MK 4 (0.5% THD or less)
- very low current consumption: 2.0 mA at 48 Volts
- operates on 48 V or 12 V phantom power, reliable operation even if powering is somewhat marginal
- very high immunity from RF interference with the SCHOEPS RFI Shield; high immunity to cable-induced hum and other interference (field-tested with Audio Limited A 10, etc.)
- flat frequency response
- very low distortion constant output impedance across the audio frequency range
- balanced, direct-coupled, class-A output circuit
- output is filtered in the ultrasonic range to prevent interference, e.g. from camera autofocus