Rycote INV-Lite 21 Boom Shock Mount
Rycote INV-Lite 21 Boom Shock Mount is the new addition to the Rycote InVision range of boom shock mounts. Specifically designed for popular short-shotgun microphones, for indoor boom pole recordings, the unique ‘cam-lever’ design grips the mic at its rear without covering the interference tube slots. This allows for easy use of a foam windscreen.
Suitable for mics of 21mm diameter, up to 210mm in length weighing no more than 120 grams.
• Designed specifically for shorter, lighter shotgun mics for interior booming;
• Unique cam-lever clamp design allows super-fast mic access;
• Microphone held at rear, keeping interference tube slots free of obstructions;
• Patented Lyre® technology with new ‘wide Lyre design allows attachment of foam slip-on solutions;
• Rod weight distribution system offers superb balance across entire suspension;
• Robust, reliable Rycote quality
• Weighs just 112g (without brass screw adaptor)
Whats in the box?
• INV-Lite shock mount
• Brass 3/8″ M to 5/8″ F Screw Adaptor
• Quick Start Guide
More about Rycote
For more than forty years, Rycote has specialised to develop and make the industry standard shock & wind protection for the extremes of field production sound.
When a windnoise reduction device is fitted, its effect on the audio response is a constant factor – if it causes some loss of HF it will do it at all times. However the amount it reduces windnoise by depends on how hard the wind is blowing. If there is a flat calm it will have no beneficial effect at all and the sole result will be a degradation of the audio performance of the microphone. However, in a strong gale a small deviation from a perfect flat response may be a minor compromise to make for a recording with >30dB reduction in windnoise. Rycote strongly recommends fitting the minimum shielding necessary at any time.
Browse the range available from Raycom here