Rycote Cyclone – Various Sizes
The Rycote Cyclone – Various Sizes is a windshield system for shotgun microphones. The Cyclone features grey 3D-Tex® material, “multi-suspension” with Lyre® Technology for transparent, category leading wind and shock isolation. Perfect for microphones such as the Sennheiser MKH416, Schoeps Super-CMIT, DPA 4017b, Schoeps CMC’s, etc.
- Superb acoustic transparency – the open shell structure with no parallel surfaces greatly reduces room-tone effects & provides a clean frequency response;
- Massive wind noise reduction – asymmetric basket covered with 3D-Tex® material provides enormous benefits in terms of surface turbulence & acoustic impedance. An optional Cyclone Windjammer can be used for the most extreme weather conditions;
- Advanced shock isolation – with industry-leading Rycote Lyre® microphone suspension and exclusive Floating Basket Suspension (Pat. Pending) with built-in Lyre technology, for additional vibration isolation between basket and pole;
- Quick & Easy – unique Z-Locking System with magnetic locking for instant windshield removal/attachment;
- Lightweight, durable construction & materials – to withstand extreme field use.
More about Rycote
For more than forty years, Rycote has specialised to develop and make the industry standard shock & wind protection for the extremes of field production sound.
When a windnoise reduction device is fitted, its effect on the audio response is a constant factor – if it causes some loss of HF it will do it at all times. However the amount it reduces windnoise by depends on how hard the wind is blowing. If there is a flat calm it will have no beneficial effect at all and the sole result will be a degradation of the audio performance of the microphone. However, in a strong gale a small deviation from a perfect flat response may be a minor compromise to make for a recording with >30dB reduction in windnoise. Rycote strongly recommends fitting the minimum shielding necessary at any time.
Browse the range available from Raycom here