Rycote Baseball Windshield
The Rycote Baseball Windshield is fitted with a soft yet durable end-cap. Made of thermoplastic elastomer – a unique plastic and rubber mix – the end-cap helps secure the mic and provides an effective seal against wind. The Baseball comes in ‘19/20’, ’21/22′ (green end-cap) and ‘24/25’ variants, reflecting compatible microphone diameters in mm.
- Significantly increased performance versus conventional foam windscreens
- Provides -30dB of wind noise attenuation, across the frequency spectrum
- Rapid attachment and removal
- Durable and easily maintained
- Incredibly lightweight – only 17g*
- Offers capsule protection to the mic (during scene ‘down-time’ and equipment changes)
- Acoustically transparent open cell foam and soft felt cover construction
- Handmade in the UK
*Weights / dimensions approximate
The Baseball Windjammer comes in one size, with mic hole size option, i.e. 19/20mm, 21/22mm and 24/25mm.
Weighing just 15g*, the Baseball Windjammer adds very little extra size or weight when fitted to the Baseball.
Adding a Baseball Windjammer to the Baseball brings a very useful extra 10dB of wind noise attenuation, across the spectrum.
The performance of the Baseball with the Windjammer fitted is -40dB wind noise attenuation, across the frequency spectrum.
The Baseball is fantastic for interior boom pole use… but that’s not the whole story. The Baseball 21/22 is compatible with some very popular mics used for pro-audio music applications (e.g. the Neumann KM180 series). This Baseball model is a great choice for recording instruments with these mics – partner it with the Baseball Windjammer to capture the performance in stage/concert environments too.