PMC twotwo Sub1 Active Subwoofer
The PMC twotwo Sub1 Active Subwoofer is an ultra-low distortion, active subwoofer which can be used in a 2.1 configuration with twotwo series monitors to gain extra bass extension and headroom. Alternatively, it can be used to reproduce a low frequency effects (LFE) channel in a surround monitoring system.
The electronics include a 600W Class-D power amplifier with DSP-based filtering and bass management functions. Balanced stereo analogue and AES3 digital inputs are accepted, and are combined to feed the subwoofer system, as well as being passed through to the analogue and digital outputs for connection with other devices.
The input source, analogue input sensitivity, gain trim, and overall volume are all adjustable, as are the subwoofer ́s low- pass filter slope and frequency. Additionally, the phase can be adjusted and a single parametric equaliser is provided to assist with in-room alignment. The analogue and digital outputs can be high-pass filtered, if required, to feed satellite speakers in a 2.1 configuration.
This subwoofer builds upon PMC ́s world-class design pedigree, combining the finest drivers available with the unique ATLTM (Advanced Transmission Line) bass loading principle. This uses contemporary materials to provide optimised absorption of unwanted low- and mid-range energy within the cabinet, while extending bass output significantly.
The two long-throw bass drivers employed in the twotwo sub1 subwoofer are bespoke PMC designs using natural materials, with a low-mass ultra-stiff doped cone to deliver unparalleled transient response. The elegant cabinet dimensions also make the twotwo sub1 easier to place than typical cube-shaped designs.
- Available Finishes: Black-blue
- Crossover Frequency: LF Rolloff 50Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 200Hz
- Dimensions: H 550mm (21.7″) x W 200mm (7.9″) x D 516mm (20.3″)
- Drive Units: 2 x LF 177mm (7 inch)
- Effective ATL™ Length: 3m (9.8ft)
- Frequency Response: 30Hz – 500Hz
- Impedance: 20k BAL
- Input Connectors: 2 x balanced analogue Left/Right XLR Female
- Sensitivity: 100dB SPL @ 1m (20k Ω BAL default input sensitivity @0dB – input level -10dBu)
- Weight: 18kg – 39.7lbs
- Amplifier Power per Channel: 600 Wrms
For more information – PMC