Lectrosonics MTCR Miniature Time Code Recorder
The Lectrosonics MTCR Miniature Time Code Recorder is aimed at production sound, extreme sports video production, wedding videography and anywhere a wireless transmitter is not practical or not needed but high quality recording from a lav microphone is essential. The MTCR provides a headphone output for setup monitoring or file review, but does not send audio out of the headphone jack while recording.
• Professional quality digital audio recordings in Broadcast Wave Format
• Ultra compact size for easy concealment
• Records to microSDHC memory cards
• Wide range input gain adjustment for mic to line level signals
• Time code jam/sync from external source
• Standard Lectrosonics TA5M input jack
• Lectrosonics “servo bias” input preamp
• Solid machined aluminum construction
• Over six hours of operation on a single AAA lithium battery
Whats in the box:
- M152/5P lav mic,
- Belt clip,
- Micro SD card
- AAA Lithium battery
The recorder can also be tethered to a camera to capture a higher quality or backup audio recording.
The input connector is the industry standard TA5M jack that accepts any mic or line level signal and provides bias voltage to power a wide variety of electret lavaliere microphones. The input connection and wiring is compatible with microphones pre-wired for use with Lectrosonics professional wireless microphone transmitters.
Setup and adjustment is made through an intuitive interface provided by the keypad and LCD. In keeping with typical Lectrosonics mechanical designs, the housing is machined from a solid aluminium billet for the ruggedness needed in field production.
The tiny size of the MTCR makes it easy to conceal in costuming or be conveniently placed when used as a “plant” microphone to record environmental or location sound.
The input/jack panel works with microphones wired for Lectrosonics wireless transmitters with TA5F connectors. The microSDHC memory card slot is covered by a flexible “flap” style cover. A standard 3.5 mm TRS jack provides audio output for headphones. A 5-pin LEMO connector is used to synchronise (“jam”) timecode for video and film production.
The battery compartment is a machined aluminium assembly hinged to the housing.
- Millimeters: 60H x 54W x 17D
- Weight: 71gr with battery