Audio Technica ATH-R70X Open Back Reference Headphones
The First Professional Open-Back Reference Headphones
Audio-Technica’s first ever Professional Open-Back Reference Headphones, the ATH-R70x have already become a flagship product in our range of professional headphones. Bespoke drivers which have been the result of specific development, combined with acoustically transparent earcups in a honeycomb aluminium structure guarantee that this lightweight, robust and comfortable headset is built for lasting comfort, convenience and audio purity.
- Audio-Technica’s first ever Professional Open-Back Reference Headphones
- Remarkable spatialisation due to large-aperture 45mm drivers
- Magnets and magnetic circuits of pure alloy to reduce distortion and ensure optimal response at high frequencies
- Carbon fibre which improves rigidity and transient response
- Perforated aluminium earcups (Honeycomb structure)
- 3D Headband System
- Soft ear pads let the skin breathe guaranteeing listening comfort during prolonged usage
- Very lightweight (220g excluding cable) but robust construction
- Unique dual-sided Y-shaped detachable locking cable is L/R signal independent, always ensuring proper stereo orientation
Over 40 Years Experience
The ATH-R70x is Audio-Technica’s first pair of professional open-back reference headphones, and have been created using some of the most advanced technologies developed for our open-backed hifi headphones, critically acclaimed in the audiophile world for over 40 years.
Precise & Natural Sound
The rare-earth magnetic circuitry in the drivers allow for the reduction of distortion, whilst assuring precise response and scope on high frequencies. You don’t just listen to your music anymore; you feel it, you live it…
Comfort Light as a Feather
Weighing in at just 210kg with an inbuilt anti-vibration system in the bespoke headband, the ATH-R70x glides effortlessy around the head, ensuring lasting comfort, convenience and audio purity. The velour earpads effortlessly cover the whole ear eliminating pressure and allowing heat to escape, for totally natural sound immersion.