Audio Limited A10 TX Transmitter
The Audio Limited A10 TX Transmitter is the heart of the A10 Digital Wireless System. And the core of the A10-TX transmitter is its low-noise, high-dynamic-range analog input. It accepting signals from low-level lavalier microphones to balanced line-level. The 3-pin LEMO input offers analogue limiters, 5 volt bias for lavalier microphones, as well as 12 and 48 volt phantom power for balanced microphones.
A timecode-enabled recorder is integrated into the A10-TX. It records timecode-stamped files to removable microSD cards. After recording the proprietary .mic file requires conversion to WAV file using Mic2Wav utility software for macOS and Windows.
- Low-noise, studio-grade balanced input for microphones and line level inputs with analogue limiter and 48 V phantom power
- Integrated digital recorder with ultra-accurate timecode generator
- Records to removable microSD cards
- Simultaneous wireless transmission and recording
- Remote controllable over Bluetooth® using the A10 TX Remote app for Android and iOS
Built-In Audio Recorder
The A10-TX transmitter includes an integrated high-quality digital recorder. Sources connected to the A10-TX can be recorded to removable FAT32 formatted microSD cards. Files are recorded to Audio Ltd’s proprietary, data-compressed “.mic” file format. These .mic files incorporate timecode from the A10-TX timecode generator.
Audio Ltd’s Mac OS and Windows software utility Mic2Wav converts .mic files into monophonic, 24-bit, 48 kHz broadcast WAV files with its associated timecode.
- All-digital RF transmission for zero companding artifacts and ultra-low distortion 20 kHz audio
- Extremely low latency – best in class 2 mS
- Fully balanced, broadcast quality mic preamp with analogue limiter
- Best-in-Class Digital RF Technology
- Super wideband UHF receiver tuning – over 224 MHz (470 MHz–694 MHz)
- 20 simultaneous channels per 8 MHz bandwidth, 15 channels per 6 MHz
- Fully legal ETSI/FCC spectral mask, meets present and upcoming standards
- Excellent range, equivalent to the best analogue systems
- Advanced Digital Diversity System selects the best RF signal among the two diversity receivers and combines signals in challenging RF environments
- A10-TX – Integrated Recording
- Built-in digital recorder and high-precision timecode generator in the A10-TX transmitter
- Records timecode-stamped files to removable microSD cards
- Timecode generator can be jam synced from external clock source, and maintain timecode for hours without batteries
The new A10 Digital Wireless System is designed for the technical demands and requirements of today’s RF-hostile, multi-channel productions. The A10-TX portable transmitter and A10-RX receiver provide users with broadcast-quality audio, reliable digital RF performance, and easy multi-system setup. Its proprietary digital RF topology and Advanced Digital Diversity is the result of years of research, laboratory experimentation, and customer experience. The result is a wireless link with full 20 kHz audio bandwidth, high dynamic range, ultra-low distortion, and industry leading 2 millisecond end-to-end delay.
The A10 Digital Wireless System operates in the 470 MHz to 694 MHz UHF band (frequency ranges are country-dependent). Its spectrally efficient digital modulation enables up to twenty A10 Digital Wireless Systems to simultaneously operate in a single 8 MHz TV channel. Multiple simultaneous systems operate without compromising RF range, audio quality, or latency.